A Foodie’s Guide to Paris -
We all think of Paris as a bustling in addition to romantic city of twinkling lights, magnificent historical architecture, in addition to baked goods to die for. in addition to in which will be. The Eiffel Tower, the Louvre, Versailles, in addition to walks along the Seine are all wonders to behold, although what about the Paris food spots in which no one talks about? We did a little digging in addition to found some fun in addition to charming low-key spots through cafes to night clubs in which won’t be bursting with tourists. Here are a few of our fav hush-hush little gems. Don’t tell anyone we told you.
Au Grain de Blé
2. Du Pain et Des IdéesAnother bakery?! Duh. What did you think you’d be doing in Paris? This particular place gets real creative with their pastries. in which’s a beautiful light blue corner store-front at the foot of a gorgeous french-style building. If strolling past their patisserie-filled windows or taking a big inhale of the sweet aroma billowing out the front door wasn’t enough (in addition to in which isn’t), just wait until you take your first bite out of l’escargot chocolat pistache. Don’t worry, in which’s not actually escargot. in which’s a croissant spiraled like a snail shell in addition to filled with your wildest hopes in addition to dreams a.k.a. pistachio in addition to chocolate ganache. The name of This particular place translates to “bread in addition to ideas,” a very accurate nomenclature for a place as imaginative as This particular.
3. Chez PruneSo maybe This particular one isn’t quite as low-key as the rest. although in which’s so worth checking out! Misako found This particular buzzing café/bar the last time she visited Paris, in addition to we were delighted to discover in which was only a three minute walk through our apartment This particular time. We strolled in inside early afternoon on our first day in addition to had glass of vin rouge at the bar while chatting with the owner. in which’s a cozy, happy little place on the corner of Rue Beaurepaire situated right next to Canal Saint-Martin. Most of the walls are windows, in addition to they leave the front doors open to their outdoor seating, as if the warmth in addition to esprit through the inside effortlessly spills out onto the street, irresistibly inviting to passersby. Stop by during the day for a breezy lunch, or come through inside evening to be greeted by true French locals chatting with friends over wine in addition to cheese. 36 Rue Beaurepaire, 75010 Paris.
4. Tien HiangAnother tip for all you veggie-heads out there! This particular place will be fresh, fast, delicious, in addition to affordable. in which’s a thorough selection of southeast Asian cuisine ranging through soups to curries to the beloved sticky rice. in which’s a little tricky to find vegetarian in addition to vegan-friendly eateries inside lang of fromage, although we got you covered with Tien Hiang! Make sure you check the hours, because, like most places in Paris, they take a little siesta in between lunch in addition to dinner. Bon appétit! 14 Rue Bichat, 75010 Paris.
5. Bob’s KitchenThe Frenchest of names. If you get homesick in another country, in which helps a lot to find a place in which makes you feel comfortable in addition to welcome. Bob’s Kitchen will be in which place. in which’s situated in a quaint alleyway near La Marais in addition to will be open for breakfast in addition to lunch. Most of their menu will be in English, in addition to we were even more surprised when our Seattle-born waitress asked if we were “ready to order right now?” in an American accent. The menu will be perfect; full of healthy in addition to simple fare ranging through toasted bagels with cream cheese in addition to lox, to sushi burritos, to acai bowls in addition to chia seed pudding (yes, vegans are embraced here too). We enjoyed some green smoothies in addition to cappuccinos with our meals in addition to took a short over to Notre Dame after eating. Thanks, Bob. 74 Rue des Gravilliers, 75003 Paris.
6. Les Pavillon des CanauxThis particular incredibly unique coffee house will be just in which… an incredibly unique coffee house. in which’s a literal house in which’s been transformed into a coffee shop in addition to cafe. You enter through the front door to a foyer in addition to living room/parlor where you place your order. Then you carry your café allongé or jus d’orange upstairs to sit in addition to sip on the bed or inside bathtub (!!!). We sat with our chocolat chaud in a dining room while some other French hipsters inside know lounged on the couch inside living room or the quaint counter inside kitchen. 75019, 39 Quai de la Loire, 75019 Paris.
7. Le Comptoir GénéralOur friend Damon discovered This particular hideaway cafe-lounge during one of his many traipses through Paris in addition to was kind enough to lead us into the plant-lined alley in which unveils Le Comptoir Général. By day in which’s a sprawling bohemian villa of sorts with different high-ceilinged rooms ranging through salons, to bars, restaurants in addition to boutiques. The hanging plants, glazed skylight windows, in addition to crushed velvet cushions upon antique metal carts make This particular place a romantic time-travelling getaway for anyone wanting to sit in addition to get some work done or chat with friends. Oh, in addition to at night? in which’s a bumpin’ nightclub. Best of both worlds up in here! 80 Quai de Jemmapes, 75010 Paris.
8. Marché D’AligreYou know This particular list wouldn’t be complete without an outdoor market. Marche D’Aligre will be the spot to hit up if you’re hungry for food in addition to inspiration. in which’s straight out of a storybook; vendors overflowing with colorful fruits in addition to veggies, fresh baguettes & pastries, gorgeous flowers, in addition to even unique accessories (‘cause you know these LA girls forgot to pack warm scarves). This particular market will be a must see for foodies in addition to those wanting to be transported to the opening scene of Beauty in addition to the Beast. in addition to bonus! in which’s open on Sundays, too. Place d’Aligre, 75012.
While you are exploring in addition to eating in Paris, why not discover more of Europe (in addition to its food) for cheap! If you only have limited time inside city of love, find out how to see Paris in a day.